Studying Abroad Outside Europe

For studies outside Europe, partnership contracts are not mandatory. You can decide for yourself which university you want to go to and bring all necessary information with you to the appointment with the Faculty’s Representative for International Affairs (Prof. Dr. Achim Förster)

Costs and funding opportunities

As a rule, at universities abroad you will have to pay tuition fees. However, you may possibly receive financial support by a scholarship of DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service).

For more information, please visit the pages of FHWS International Office.

Application deadline

Deadlines at individual partner institutions vary greatly. Therefore, you should take care of your application as early as possible. For the internal application at the Faculty, the following deadlines apply: 

Please note: Across FHWS, Faculties handle processes for stays abroad quite differently. Due to this, there is sometimes misleading information about dates and conditions circulating among students. Please make sure if a specific information actually applies to our Faculty.

Useful Links

Country specific information by DAAD:

Information about grants and scholarships (in English) 

General information and reports by students (DAAD):

Insurance matters and precautions: